Monday, July 13, 2009

Prayer Request!

I do not know if anyone acutally reads this blog, but I have a prayer request. One of our youth is 17 and she is pregnant. She thinks that she is 5 months along but she has not been to the DR yet. Anyway, I got a phone call on Friday night that they had to take her to the ER because she was cramping and vomiting. When I walked into the ER the poor thing was practically climing the walls she was in so much pain. After a serious of tests, they discovered that she has gallstones. The Doctor told her she was pretty young to be having them. Anyway, they admitted her into the hospital and they said that if her gallbladder has not shrunk by today that they were going to have to do surgery.

Please pray for her. Pray for a quick healing and no surgery to have to be done. Also pray that the baby stays safe. As of Friday night when they did the ultra sound the baby was fine. This youth has been through so much in her life and she truly is an inspiration to me.

3 comments:

Josie said...

Wow, the poor girl! I wonder if she had surgery today? I prayed for her after I read your blog.

How lucky she is to have you and Sam in her life!

Kristi said...

Any news? I'm praying for her both for the gallbladder and for the pregnancy!

Larisa said...

Thanks Kristi! I just got word that she did not need surgery and that the baby is fine. Please continue to pray for her because she has been down some rough roads for her age.