Tuesday, October 6, 2009

It's just a minor sprain...

Said the EMT at the football game...haha yeah right!! I wish that was the case!!

What a crazy week. A week ago I went to watch our local high schools football game. They were playing the rival of the city! We won of course but any who... We decided to leave 4th quarter to beat the crazy and traffic and what do I do you may ask? I slid down this tiny small grasy slope. I would have taken the stairs but nooooo. It wa sto crowded with teeny boppers!! the only person that saw me fall was a police officer. He in turn got the emt who told me it was just a minor sprain. That was the start of my horrible night! After being hauled out on a golf cart (how humilitaing!) We noticed that my uncle had left his lights on. Hence why the car wouldnt start. After that we went to my husbands fathers house to pick up some crutches. When we were there the power went out. We left his house and got down the road (Its a one way out and in street) and some alabama redneck decided to hit a light pole, knock down power lines, and ditch the car. We sat until 1am...

Fast forward to Saturday...I went to the er because I knew something wasn't quit right and I found out that I had broken my Fibula and cracked one side. Monday I went to the orthopedic where low and behold I found out that I would have to have surgery!! WHAT!! I have never had a stitch in my life! More less get hacked into!! The surgery went wonderfully. I now have 8 screws, a plate, and 14 staples.

So that was what happened with my "minor sprain". Silly EMT's!!

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Wowzers! Now that's a story to send back to the EMTs...